Powered by Lightsquared, MSAT Satellite Two-way Radio allows police, search and rescue teams, firefighters, work crews, drivers and others to stay in touch and get the job done — virtually anywhere.The service covers North and Central America, northern South America, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and coastal waters. The MSAT G2 is also available for land/mobile (vehicular) applications and inside buildings
MSAT G2 Two-way Radio is a real-time, voice-based service that provides point-tomultipoint and point-to-point communication at the push of a button.The service is a costeffective alternative to installing, maintaining, and relocating land-based two-way radio communications systems.
- The satellite acts like a radio tower, turning the entire continent into a single cell, transmitting signals to and receiving signals from subscribers on the ground.
- MSAT radios can have up to 15 user-defined talk groups.
- Single conferences can accommodate up to 9,999 users.
- Network level talk group prioritization feature set for each radio.
- Priority-1 interruption feature enabling users to override a current speaker in the event of an emergency.
- Dial-in dispatch feature enabling a user to join a talk group conversation from the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
- Dial-out dispatch feature enabling a talk group member to dial out to a specific PSTN phone number, bridging the PSTN user into a talk group conversation.